As a school assignment I've been given the task of making a blog, so I've created a new one rather than open up my actual online journal to the public realm.
My blog is going to have to do with the television show LOST. For those few people not in the know, LOST is an hour-long drama on the ABC network. The title of my journal, "Tabula Rasa," was the title of the third episode of LOST and I found it a fitting name for a fresh, new blog since it translates to blank slate. I've watched this show since it began in 2004, and in just a couple of weeks (no really, just two weeks from today) the sixth and final season will begin. The show centers around survivors of a plane crash on an isolated island and how they cope while they are trying to get rescued. The island is much more than meets the eye, however, and soon enough the survivors realize they are not simply stranded on a deserted island in the Pacific Ocean. The show has a large ensemble cast; there were 14 main characters in the first season. The cast changes a bit each season as characters are introduced or killed off, but most of the main cast has made it to the final season.
I'm filled with mixed feelings about the final season beginning so soon. On one hand, I've been waiting for a new episode of LOST since last May when the fifth season ended. On the other hand, I am so deeply attached to this story being told that I don't think I'm ready to see the end. LOST is easily my favorite show that has ever been on television and I have dedicated many hours of free time rewatching episodes and discussing and theorizing about this show with my friends. I'm not sure what can fill the empty space that will be left once this show has finished its story. For now, I won't spend anymore time considering what the end will be like. I still have the entire last season, 18 amazing hours of television left to answer the burning questions and confirm or shoot down the wild theories floating around on the internet. I am eagerly awaiting February 2 at 8pm when I can once again immerse myself in the happenings of the island.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment